60thKerala State Junior Athletics Championship 2016
30th Oct. Kochi
Palakkad district with 473 points retained the overall championship in the 60th Kerala State Junior Athletics Championship concluded at Maharajas College Stadium, Kochi on 30th October 2016. Ernakulam District gave a close find till the end of the day.
Mr. P R Purushothaman, former national athletics coach and head coach of Navadarshan Sports Academy, Kochi, who won the Olympian Suresh Babu Memorial Lifetime Achievement Award constituted by Kerala State Sports Council was felicitated at the occasion.
Dr. Ajith Mohan, Head of the Department of Physical Education, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kalamasserri gave away the trophies to the winners in the presence of Mr. M Velayudhna Kutty, former secretary and member of Kerala State Sports Council, Dr. Tony Daniel, Joint Secretary AFI, Executive Vice President KSAA, Sri. M Ramachandran, Treasurer KSAA and Prof. P I Babu, Secretary, KSAA.(Click here for Full Result / Click here for Overall Championship)
(Click here for Modified Competition Schedule )
The Competition Schedule has been modified because of the rescheduled dates of University exams clash with the first day of competition.
- In partial modification to the Calendar already published, the 60thKerala State Junior Athletics Championship will be held at Maharaja’s College Stadium, Kochion 28th 29thand 30thOctober 2016
- Competitions will be held for :
Boys and Girls Under 14 yrs( Born between 14-11-2002 and 13-11-2004) Boys and Girls Under 16 yrs( Born between 14-11-2000 and 13-11-2002) Youth Boys and Youth Girls Under 18 yrs (Born between 14-11-1998 and 13-11-2000) Junior Men and Junior Women Under 20yrs ( Born between 14-11-1996 and 13-11-1998)
(Click here for Technical Details)
- Merit Certificates shall be awarded to the 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners
- Team championship will be declared on the basis of points i.e 1st – 7 points, 2nd – 5 points, 3rd – 4 points, 4th – 3 points, 5th – 2 points, 6th – 1 point and it shall be declared section wise. Overall championship also will be declared.
- Only registered athletes with the 10 digit Registration No. issued by the State Association, shall be allowed to participate in the Championship. (for online registration please Click on Registration given above on the Tool Bar of this page.
- A District can field only threeathletes in an event and an athlete can take part in two events only, excluding relay. No reserve entry shall be considered.
- For the athletes under 16 and 18 if the two individual events are track events only one of these individual events are longer than 200m.
- Please be strict to the minimum entry standard for the State Championship while selecting your team.
- The athletes registration fee is Rs.50/ per athlete.
- The Kerala State team which is to participate in the 32ndNational Junior Athletics Championship to be held at Coimbatorefrom 10th to14th November 2016will be selected based on the performance of this meet. The sixth place performanceof 31stNational Junior Athletics Championship will be the qualifying mark.
- Entry of your team shall be sent under the new ONLINE ENTRY SYSTEM before 20th October 2016. Entry by E mail will not be accepted
02/10/2016 Babu.P.I Honorary Secretary