M.K.Joseph Memorial 14th Kerala State Inter District Club Athletics Championship 2016
Thiruvanathapuram SAI STC won the overall championship for the fourth time in a row in the M K Joseph Memorial 14th Kerala State Inter District Club Athletics Championship which concluded here in Maharajas College Stadium Kochi. 2400 athletes and 350 team officials and technical officials took part in this three day athletics championship.
The Hon'ble Deputy Mayor of Corporation of Kochi Sri. T J Vinod inaugurated the championship on 9th September.
Sri. George Thomas, Arjuna Awardee and Member of Administrative Committee, Kerala State Sports Council distributed the trophies to the winners on 11th September 2016.
(Click here for Results)
The M.K.Joseph Memorial,14th Kerala State Inter District Athletics Championship will be held at Maharajas College Stadium, Kochi on 9, 10 and 11 September 2016.
- Competitions will be held for
- Boys and Girls Under 14 years ( Born on or after 14 November 2002)
- Boys and Girls Under 16 years ( Born on or after 14 November 2000)
- Youth Boys and Youth Girls Under 18 years ( Born on or after 14 November 1998)
- Junior Boys and Junior Women Under 20 years (Born on or after 14 November 1996)
- Men and Women ( Born on or before 14 November 1996)
( For details of events, please Click on "Event List" given below our "Goodwill Ambassador's " picture )
- Merit certificates shall be awarded to the 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners.
- Prize money shall be given to the winners as follows, provided that a minimum of Five athletes to compete in an event. 1st Place- Rs. 500/-, 2nd Place – Rs. 300/- and 3rd Place – Rs. 200/-. No prize money will be given to the athletes in the MEN and WOMEN categories.
- However competition will be held even with a minimum of 2 athletes and the winners will be awarded certificates and the team will be credited with points.
- Team championship will be declared on the basis of points i.e, 1st- 7 points, 2nd- 5 points, 3rd- 4 points, 4th- 3 points, 5th- 2 points, 6th- 1 point and it shall be declared section wise. Overall championship also will be declared.
- Only registered athletes with the 10 digit Registration Number issued by the State Association, shall be allowed to participate in the Championship.( for online registration please Click on the "Registration" given on the main "tool bar" above this page)
- Only Clubs/ Institutions affiliated to the concerned District Athletics Associations are eligible to participate.
- A team can field only two athletes in an event and an athlete can take part in two events only, excluding relay. Nor reserve entry shall be considered.
- For the athletes under 16 and 18 if the two individual events are track events only one of these individual events is longer than 200m.
- Please be strict to the minimum entry standard for the State Championship while selecting your team.
- The Athletes registration fee is Rs. 50/- per athlete.
- The Kerala State team which is to participate in the 28th South Zone Junior Athletics Championship to be held at Karimnagar on 4th and 5th October 2016 and the National Open Athletics Championship to be held at Lucknow from 27 to 30 September 2016 will be selected based on the performance of this meet. The fourth place performance of 27th South Zone meet will be the qualifying mark for the Kerala team for the South Zone Junior Athletics Championship. The sixth place performance of the National Open Athletics Championship 2015 will be the qualifying mark for the Kerala team for the National Open Athletics Championship.
- The athlete’s “Registered District” can be changed on formal request from the concerned athlete with the due recommendation from the district secretary, to the Secretary of Kerala Athletics
- Entry of a team shall be sent through the District Secretary under the ONLINE ENTRY SYSTEM before 5th September 2016.
- Copy of the Entry may be sent by e mail also to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com